Friday, May 7, 2010

7 days.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

[john 14: 27-28]
One week from today, a wild and crazy summer for me will begin.
In the end, I'm sure I'll be laughing at this post. But for the moment, I am clinging to this and all other peace ensuring scripture I can get my hands on.
In the midst of these exams, I'm finding myself homesick and not wanting to go.
Leaving for the whole summer is a big deal. The excitement and anticipation is there, don't get me wrong. But so is the worry and the fear and as the countdown goes down, the worry and fear go up.
Away from normalcy as well as every single person I know, sounds like a great idea right?
I am essentially voluntarily walking into one of my biggest fears.
I won't know a single soul.
So I cling to my Jesus. My Peace. My Comfort.
As i let myself breathe I feel His all encompassing love overwhelm me, canceling out all fear.
In Him I find my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment