Wednesday, March 14, 2012

say what?

I'm going to Africa y'all.
True story.
August 2-14 I will be in Uganda and Rwanda with Visiting Orphans taking James 1:27 to literal terms.
In short, my heart is broken for the children who don't get the love and attention they need.
These children are the ones who end up on the streets when they age out of the orphanages. The one's who get sold into sex-trafficking because they don't have means to any other kind of money. The one's who repeat the cycle of poverty due to lack of education.
The orphanages are doing all that they can, but in many cases there aren't enough hands to help the overwhelming amount of orphans that there are.
I have a desperate desire for them to know Jesus.
To know hope.
You know those desires when you know that it is coming from One greater than you? It's that kind of desire.
So I'm going to meet them where they are to tell them the good news of the freedom found in Jesus and to do what I can to glorify the Lord while I'm there.
I'm humbled that the Lord would use one such as me to glorify His name.



I'd be humbled, honored and beyond grateful to send you a support letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment