Monday, August 26, 2013

I left work today in tears.
Not for the usual 'I fail at life' kind of ish.
But for the 'I'm overwhelmed with sorrow' kind of ish.

The sadness of this world beckons me to simultaneously melt down and draw closer to the hope that remains faithful. 

There is just so much of this world that I look at and see no solution, no cure, no hope. 

Praise The Lord we have an unwavering hope to press in to. Who promises us that one day tears and sadness will be no more. Who promises that we will be fully restored, spiritually, physically, emotionally. Who promises that one day He will take His rightful place and demolish sin forever. 

And even more, who promises to meet us where we are in the here and now. When you don't see solutions and you drown in sorrow. He meets you there, promising to be enough to get you through that moment and into the next. Promising to bring joy and peace and rest. 

We make this house our home through the Spirit, trusting that one day all will be perfected by Him.

And even still, we longing await you King Jesus! Come soon we pray, come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment