I miss seeing things, seeing life happen.
I miss studying in Starbucks for hours on end, observing my neighbors, and/or seeing students do weird things on campus.
I miss seeing life.
It isn't quite as appropriate to write about people you see and speak to everyday.
It was more fun to see peoples lives from a far, to wonder how a group of 5 guys has the time and money to sit in 'bucks ALL day long.
To question if your neighbor is having an affair, only to realize it's the dog walker.
It was more fun to develop a theory for the lives of the people I saw walking around.
Now it's like, the most intriguing thing that happens is when employees run from one place to the next. Or carpool together. Or wear Hawaiian shirts on Fridays (but strictly from the months of June to August).
There is a difference between watching a life be lived and living life with someone. I guess I'm called to do the latter or something. But I just really enjoy partaking in the former.
I guess that's why I end up walking around the mall on my lunch break most days.

No comments:
Post a Comment