Friday, January 22, 2010

sovereign.

Our God is sovereign above all else.
The weight of that word is so intense. He is an example of supreme excellence. He is absolute; of most exalted kind. I so often forget that. Lost in my worry and my anxiety I forget that my Love, my Jesus is sovereign. He sits wayy above my earthly problems. Rest in Him. In all that He is. I get all worked up over the little things on this earth. I forget that I am broken and a mess and that I am in need of a great and mighty Redeemer to restore my soul. My broken and weary soul. He invites us continually to come and to rest in Him. The One who is sovereign above all else. It is only then, when we see how broken and weary we are that His strength is enough. When we become aware that we cannot do it alone. At all. He is sufficient. His is perfect in our weaknesses. He restores and mends and loves on and fills us up.
Rest in Him. In His sovereignty and be renewed.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! I love this and it definitely resonates with me. I saw a passage the other day that this post perfectly embodies. Check out Revelation 5--Jesus' incredible sovereignty in our insufficiency.

    ReplyDelete