"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." Matthew 22:37-38
Love is what our whole relationship with God is based on.
Think about what it means to love someone with every fiver in your being. To be so consumbed with love for them that nothing else matters.
That is an intense love.
That is a passionate love.
That is the kind of love that we are supposed to have for Jesus.
He wants us to want Him.
To long for Him and desire Him.
When you are in love with someone all you want to do is be around that person and spend all the time you can with them.
That is how is is supposed to be with Christ.
We are His bride.
When you get married you will, ideally, be crazy about the man that you marry.
As His bride we should be totally and completely head over heels in love with Him.
We should long to spend time with Him and our every thought should be consumed by Him.
Let's be realistic though, I am not that good. Time and time again I have forsaken my First Love. My flesh tends to take over and I lose focus of who He is.
I am so very thankful that I can repent and run back into His unfailing arms.
Regardless of how many times I forsake Him. Regardless of my flesh and my heart constantly failing Him, He takes me back and loves me unconditionally.
He is my strenght and my portion forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment