Tuesday, February 9, 2010

i'll love you till the end.

I danced tonight for the first time in eight months.
I forgot how much I missed it.
Gosh, I love it.
It's my thing.
Everyone has their thing. And mine is dance.
It is a part of me.
I'm not very good, but it doesn't matter to me.
I feel like in everything you do there will always be someone better out there, so I might as well be comfortable where I am.
I love it. That is all that matters to me.
Dance is my outlet.
For a full hour and a half, I didn't think.
My mind quit spinning.
You can't focus on anything when your dancing.
All that's there is the floor and you.
You focus on the steps and on the movement and you forget everything else.
All of the craziness of the day, all of the studying and paper writing and homework I have put off till the very very very last minute fades away for those few moments.
It didn't last nearly long enough.
I forgot how much I loved classical music.
There is something about it that just quiets me.
The barre has its own home in my heart.
You can't replace a love like this with running. As much as I try to.
The road I run on has no competition with a dance studio. and Marley floor. and a wooden barre. and pink tights and leotards and hair pulled back in a bun and ballet slippers and leg warmers and skirts.
Running will never calm me like a floor combination will.
Pushing myself to run one more lap around the track never gives me the satisfaction as pushing myself to get my leg up higher or add on another pirouette.
It's in my blood.
I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment